Navajo Housing Authority’s Workplace Community Usage and Standards
New technology can be intimidating so NHA has created a Community Usage and Standards framework to help set some guidelines of this new platform. Communication is important for building a successful organization. NHA wants its employees to feel empowered by promoting open dialogue and fostering a community forum where all NHA employees are informed and believe their voices are heard. Workplace is a new communication tool where ideas are shared and inspiration is cultivated.
NHA provides this tool to motivate and inform employees of important work-related news and topics. The Organization understands that our employees share a diversity of views. Workplace is designed to be a forum that promotes open dialogue between individuals so that they may openly talk and discuss different topics and ideas. It could be as simple as asking a question or sharing a project update.
To ensure that Workplace becomes a communication tool that will be beneficial to the organization, NHA provides some guidelines to help explain NHA’s Community Usage and Standards:
- Ensure others know that your account or statements is work- related information. Content such as jokes, memes, quotes, philosophy’s, and the like (unless NHA work-related) doesn’t benefit the Workplace community and should not be posted on the platform.
- Email is the standard form of communication for official business. Workplace is only meant for informal internal usage to inform, educate, communicate, collaborate and share with internal NHA employees and partners.
- Avoid sharing intellectual property like trademarks without approval. Respect client and vendor confidentiality.
- Avoid any defamatory, offensive or derogatory content. It may be considered as a violation of our organization’s anti-harassment policy, if directed towards colleagues, clients or partners.
- Representing our company. Although workplace is only accessible by NHA employees, we expect employees to use professional conduct and understand they have a responsibility to protect NHA’s image and reputation.
- Be respectful, polite and patient, when engaging in conversations.
- Avoid speaking on matters outside your field of expertise when possible. Everyone should be careful not to answer questions or make statements that fall under somebody else’s responsibility.
- Never post discriminatory, offensive or libelous content and commentary. Please refrain from using harassing, threatening, defamatory, violet, false, disrespectful, demeaning, degrading, profane or obscene statements about a fellow employee, group of employees, customers, supervisors, management, or others. This applies to all functions on the platform including direct messaging.
- Correct or remove any misleading or false content as quickly as possible.
- All employees, partners, and contractors that are permitted to use NHA’s Workplace access are subject to all applicable NHA policies.
All NHA employees must read and consent to this Navajo Housing Authority Workplace Community Usage and Standards agreement before creating a profile. Consent shall be accomplished and finalized by the creation and use of a Workplace profile. This agreement also includes and incorporates Workplaces’ Terms of Service which governs the use of the Workplace (Advanced) websites, apps, and online services. By using Workplace, you accept and agree to be bound by Workplace’s standard terms of services which can be found here, https://www.facebook.com/workplace/legal. Please take the time to review and understand Workplace’s terms of services.